WHO WE ARE
Wine Drinkers UK is a collection of wine lovers, makers and sellers. We have launched the Cut Back Wine Tax campaign to get a fairer excise duty treatment for wine in the UK.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
- The information that we collect will only be used lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018).
- Unless required otherwise by law, your personal information will never be shared with any third party, other than other organisations and individuals who perform functions on our behalf or in partnership with us. These third parties are provided with personal information necessary to perform the task that you have unambiguously consented to and may not use it for any other purpose.
- We take precautions and put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com with your request.
- We want to respect your wishes about how, and if, you are contacted. You may tell us you do not wish to be contacted at all, or if you decide you no longer wish to be contacted.
We will only collect personal data in the following cases, where actions have been requested by you:
Emailing your MP:
- To email your MP we require a full name, email address and postcode. Your name and postcode are required to ensure an MP knows you are a constituent and is able to reply to your email. Your email address is required for us to send the email on your behalf.
- A notification is sent to Wine Drinkers UK which contains your name and postcode, but this is not stored online.
- When emailing your MP, you will be given the option to opt in for updates about Wine Drinkers UK. If you select this box, you will receive emails from us regarding the Cut Back Wine Tax campaign and any wider activity associated with Wine Drinkers UK. These can be unsubscribed from at any point. If you do not tick this box, you will only receive an initial confirmation email.
Signing up to our newsletter:
- To sign up to your newsletter, we will need your full name and email address. If you sign up, you will receive emails from us regarding the Cut Back Wine Tax campaign and any wider activity associated with Wine Drinkers UK. These can be unsubscribed from at any point.
In both of these cases, the legal basis for processing your data is ‘consent’, as you have freely and unambiguously indicated that you wish for your personal data to be processed for these purposes.
We only share your data with select third parties required to process information as listed below.
- Mailchimp – to provide our newsletter service. The information uploaded includes your name and email address. Mailchimp are certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework. Personal data entered into Mailchimp may be transferred from the EU to Mailchimp in the U.S. Mailchimp abides by the current GDPR regulations and their servers are in the UK.
- MPs – will be sent your full name, email address and postcode if you choose to send the letter via our website.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you free of charge.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or that significantly affects you.
- Right to judicial review – if Wine Drinkers UK refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to make a complaint as outlined below.
CONTACT DETAILS AND COMPLAINTS
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Wine Drinkers UK, or if you have any other queries, you should contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to complain about how your data has been processed, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the ICO.
For more information about your data rights, we would advise
you to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.